Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

When I'm feeling blue

Most of my friends are currently going through a tough period.
Sikbros is having some house related troubles mixed with a few old ghosts who are coming out of the closet of his mind.. he's restless and touchy and it really hurts me to sense his uneasiness and pain, much more so because I've never seen him like this.
Frook is trying to sort out her relationship with her boyfriend. They both look tired and bored nonetheless they'll undoubtedly suffer if the chance will come to part and I'm so so sorry for her.
Chippendale was waiting for her man to come back home from abroad and get married, but he proved himself not to be so trustworthy while away so now I'm afraid she's just waiting him to get back, pack and leave.
Fleep is struggling against rage and melancholy because her ex-boyfriend has found a new lover while she's still single.
Lawnmo' has just put his heart in the hands of a very complicated woman and now, at 42, he's moaning like a baby because of her selfish manouvres.

Most of them called me out to have a talk, to vent and have some good advice. I'm great at giving good advices. To others, of course. When it comes to myself I'm a total mess...

What's left of the bond between me and Mr.Charmes seems to be hard to cut. And this painful situation has taken its toll once again. How many different things a single relationship can hold... rivalry, lust, tenderness and affection yet rage and resentment... I haven't written anything about him lately because I'm more confused than ever, but suffice to say that we can't meet without being thrown in each other's arms. Save, afterwards, feeling thorn between wanting more and wanting to run away - and in the struggle running away (him) or feeling like shit because of the void right after feeling like heaven because of the fullness (me). We've both had other people in our mind or in our bed, but this doesn't seem to make any difference. It's too hard to explain and too painful to describe. Especially now, that I just got back to work after one of the hardest counselling sessions of all my life. Almost 2 hours spent pacing the room like a tiger and crying my heart out in despair. I obviously don't want to summarize what the session was about, it's just to help you all picture my current mood... Lord, I'm exhausted! As I have to stay in this wonderful and cozy office for at least some 2 hours more, I thought I'd better find something to lift me up a bit.

So here I go with the "10 things I should do when I'm blue" list

1) Eat. I never seem to be able to feed myself properly when I'm sad..

2) Go out. Staying home is absolutely counterproductive

3) Keep my mind busy with pleasant activities: quilting, reading, watching Harry Potter two first dvd's, cooking

4) Take care of my body: have a wax, a haircut, a body wrub, do some yoga. Anything that helps me to be in contact with reality, with my phisical being

5) Focus either on serious subjects and on funny things. There's a whole warm world over the wet cold blanket of sadness (thanks to Anne, Deb, Filippo, Funny Thing and Anaglyph at The Cow for the maybe unconscious but priceless help!)

6) Write write write

7) Think positive. I know this may sound obvious and a bit naive, but it definitely helps! If only I could do it more often I'd be perfect! ;-)

8) Start something new (i.e. a new needlework project, a new book) Anything that requires my care and attention. It makes me feel "solid", somehow.

9) Remember how many times I've thought "I won't make it through this". And how many times I've actually made it through anything.. thank God!

10) Always always remember that nothing that comes my way is here by chance. Everything's here for some specific purpose. Be it learning something, be it getting stronger, be it never forgetting the taste of tears so to be happier when the time for smiles comes. Because it comes.

I'm writing it all down so to never forget any of these points and I'd really appreciate all of the passers-by to drop a line. Do you have something to add to my list?

------------------------------

As my post titles keep coming from songs or movies, I thought to make the quotations clearer.

Today's title's from: A groovy kind of love- Phil Collins


Comments:
yes.. some of the points are actually harder to achieve than others, but I'm working on it!

(I haven't had the time to surf that much across blogs today - so if you've alredy posted something about it I haven't seen it yet - but have you seen the "match" yesterday night on tv?? can't wait to read what you've thought..)
 
11) Read all of Dorothy Parker.
 
I love # 4. When I focus on my body and I allow healing and touch and pampering in, I feel so reconnected and refueled.

BTW, your blog is a source of comfort too.

Ciao, bella,
Deb
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?