Wednesday, October 26, 2005

 

Friends will be friends


As cute as she can be. That's Minnie. She's young and lively, sensitive, understanding and reliable. She works in a car rental, looks forward to getting a degree in Anthropology (in less than 1 year, we hope) and has quite a definite idea of what she wants to be in the future. Her smile rarely fades and her bright eyes are always sparkling with interest and curiosity about people's life and friends' feelings. I cherish her motherly manners as much as her smart sense of humour. I cannot fully handle with the stiff attitude she sometimes has and the pride that keeps her away from people when she's angry. But time spent with her is always filled with laughter and coziness, girlish talks and true confessions. She's my little sister, my younger side, a shining star.

I met SikBros some three years ago, attending a briefing to start a new job. He sat in the front row just like me, and seemed to already know all we were trying to learn. He was so silent and serious I felt bashful. A few days after that a mutual friend introduced me to him and we all decided to study together to pass the final test. That's how I discovered he was, simple as this, the perfect friend. We liked each other by instinct at first and since then the bond between us has grown stronger and stronger. I never experienced such a non-sexual deep love for a man - except my brother, and maybe that's why everyone at work thought we were siblings. I left that job 2 years ago and our time together is less than it used to be. This makes me sad at times, but it's ok. We keep in touch with daily mails and meet as often as we can. He makes me laugh till I'm out of breath and I could spend hours listening to him talking, whatever subject he chooses he knows how to make it interesting. And, oh, he can bake the biggest and crunchiest pizza in town!!

Seaweed lives in a town 1-hour-plane away from here. She's in her late thirties and one of the most interesting women I've ever met. She's sophisticated though very concrete, she can range from fixing broken stuff with hammer and nails to a formal dinner at the Japanese Cultural Institute. She has been through so so many rainy days though is as sunny as a June afternoon. I'm amazed by her strenght at work, her being so trustworthy with her family, her sensitiveness when we talk. She's the one I rely on for making my thoughts clearer while sprinkling hard things with irony and humour.
We've seldom met during the last 2 years - plane tickets are not so cheap - and I'm looking forward our new sabbath!! ;-)

These are some of my dearest friends. We're very different from each other, our connection lies in the deep and I couldn't do without none of them!

Just wanted to show you all how beloved they are. Just wanted to say thanks. Especially to SikBros who just invited me to lunch!

Comments:
What a wonderful post.

Ciao,
Deb
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?