Thursday, November 17, 2005

 

A night at the opera

Yesterday night I went to the theatre. After what has happened in my life in the last few months I thought I deserved the best winter I could afford, so I bought a season ticket for drama.
Willing to book for opera, too, but that is much more expensive, still don't know..

After work I came home in a rush, took a shower, got my hair sleek, chose a nice outfit, wore a classy make-up and my luckycharm pearl, engulfed a sandwich in 3 secs and out I went, into the starry night.

Minnie arrived a little later. She's had a fortnight off work and has decided staying at her parents for a while. They live in a village in the country so we haven't seen each other so much, lately.

While chatting in the hall I saw Sam's friend. You know, the clairvoyant. I ducked into my coat trying to be invisible, she passed by, ok, take a deep breath girl and smile, no psychocrap for tonite.
The play sucked. Definitely.
Best thing I can say about the evening is that we girls had a long talk in the car and vented for a while.
On my way back I sang top of my lungs with good old Annie Lennox. She's always willing to make me feel the most powerful chick in the world. God bless her voice and this album.

Comments:
Somtimes getting out and being with a friend is the best...even if the play sucks, or the movie sucks or even if the meal sucks. Just to be out and vent, like you said can be so wonderful.

ciao,
~Deb
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?