Thursday, November 03, 2005

 

News of the world

You know those days when you're so tired it should be friday night already? That's today.

Didn't sleep well at all, my neck was stiff and aching and I felt as I had 450 coffees just before going to bed. I never ever have coffee (it messes badly with my heart) so I was sure it had nothing to do with that. Who knows, maybe too many Desperate Housewives before going to bed..

Today I woke up feeling a real crap. A raven's nest instead of my naturally soft and silky and curly hair and a pale limp dough ball instead of my usually finely chiselled face... Cellulite-spotted buttocks where cellulite-spotted buttocks used to be... in a word, an awful awakening.

With a start like that, what could I expect? I would have settled for a plain boring day. For my boss yelling at me. For my parents throwing me out of their home when I go visit. For my friends calling me names and my cats scratching me to death.

Guess what I got instead? Non-requested news about Mr.Charms. Someone saw him at a Halloween party. He was kinda weird - so they said - and when asked how he felt answered "Fine. And me and Phi are not seeing each other anymore".

Rambling thoughts:
1) People who asked didn't know it, but didn't ask for news about me either, so why providing the information??
2) Why on earth an answer like that when talking to an almost stranger?? I mean, how about that nice old habit of talking about the weather instead?
3) A Halloween party. In Italy. In the hottest november we've ever seen while people is still going to the beach?? C'mon guy, you really need some help.. (check this out for a smarter thought about Halloween)

Do you think that was enough? Yeah, right. That was just a single bite of the whole cake.
Other news followed. Different source, almost same effect on my nerves.

Looks like he's deserting his nicest friends and going out with - how can I say this without sounding a grumpy bitch?- a bunch of childish male chauvinist idiots.

I know I shouldn't care about his life, but we've known for 15 years now, I've been his best friend before being his lover, so this is definitely too hard to ignore.

Nevertheless, I'd like people to shut up at times.

Nevertheless, I'm afraid one of the girls in the pool, at random, will pay for all this, tonite. I'm growing fond of that choking stuff...

Comments:
I wish I knew why people had to do that. Its like "Hello..I don't want to know...living my own life here!"

I hope you're feeling better now, crappy days aren't good!!

Bx

P.S - I've got a new blog http://bethsmith.blogs.com
 
Beth - my link to your blog has just been updated. I saw you moved but didn't have the time to update this site.

How are you doing in the new one? Best of luck, I'll come reading as I always do anyway. :)
 
Um...450 coffees? I'd be up for a YEAR!

~Deb
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?