Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

Under the sea

Everyone of us has his/her Achilles heel. I've never been afraid of bees, snakes, lizards or whatever a child may find in the courtyard but I'm not so at ease at the thought of rats mice and cockroaches. I couldn't really consider these as real fears, though.
If you really want to go for a big one, ladies and gentlemen, here's my fear for jaws and whales.

Don't know where it comes from. No one in my family has ever showed any sign of it.
I live in a nice town on the Mediterranean sea and, believe me, nothing even faintly whale-looking could ever meet my eye underwater. We usually go to the beach from April/May to October depending on how warm spring/fall is.
Well, in spite of all this living-at-the sea attitude I've panicked for years at the mere sight of the smallest of the fishes. Screamed if touched by a single straw of seaweed. Gasped at the thought of a single tiny jellyfish at 200 mt from me.

Learning to swin properly and fighting the fear for deep water have so become the strongest of my needs. This is my third season at the swimming pool and since the first lesson I've fallen in love with it. Now I couldn't live without swimming and crave water as a mermaid.

That said, you could think my fear is gone. You sweet people..!!
I realized that, in the end, there must be no connection at all between water and fishes, as my shark-o-phobia happens to be stronger than ever... it must clearly depend on something else.. much deeper than deep water, maybe!

Anyway I feel triumphant... at least I can post a picture like that without falling from the chair panick-stricken, shaking and cold sweating.

Yep, friends, you're right... that's not me, not yet...(even if I wonder how you guessed it....).You see? It's quite easy to get rid of our fears.. it's just a question of time...and good will!

And now excuse me but I have some "rattling on the floor with my eyes rolling and my mouth full of foam" to get done...


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?