Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 

The show must go on

His name is Thomas. He's funny and sensitive. He's an English teacher and can speak Italian. He's been here for 7 years now, is 36 and has brown hair. He likes British football and rugby - which I like. Loves baklava and creme caramel - which I like, too. He has the brightest sense of humour I've ever found in a man - apart from my brother, of course... He hasn't got a driver's licence yet and goes to work by motorbike. He doesn't like the sound of his own voice.

He's Sam's ex-boyfriend and she gave me his email address as I needed some information about an English Test I'd like to take in June. He addressed me to the school where he works and yesterday night I had my evaluation test. Much to my delight and surprise it seems I'm ready for CAE certification..Jeez, I couldn't believe it... I drove back home faster than lightning and called Sikbros to share the happiness and thrill! (You too can party with me if you wish! Just raise your glasses and toast my results!!!)
Anyway, one thing leads to another, so he immediately noticed my smart sense of humour, my intelligence, my funny side, my sensitiveness and all the things you friends already know so well. I even think he smelled my perfume over the net, as he has suddendly started to sound a bit... how can I say that... intrigued!

I know what you're all thinking: he's dumber than a squirrel and clearly suffers from allucinations. Yeah, thanks so so much. The truth is that - according to Sam - he is really cool, intelligent and ... he's mother-tongue English!
In my brain things happen to work like this:
- he speaks English=he's the sexiest man in the world
- he thinks I'm cool=he's crazy. But I don't want to discriminate crazy people, so if he asks me out, I'll go.

What do you mean "your brain needs a check-up"????

We'll meet tomorrow evening for the first time.
I don't know his face. Don't even know his voice, yet. So far we've just wrote tomes by email and have come to like each other quite a lot.

All kidding aside (who was kidding??), I know this may sound a bit weird but I don't know if I'm more excited about the exam-to-be or about my blind date tomorrow...
I'd better sort out my priorities a bit, uh?

Comments:
I'm raising a glass and toasting your results.

It is a bit early for prosecco, but for you, anything.

Come to Florida for the honeymoon! LOL

rQm
 
While I try to sort out some decent update about last night, I can tell you there won't be any honeymoon...!!!

My chances with men's world really suck, lately...;-)

Anyway, he has a brother in Florida and they're supposed to meet in a few months. I'll see if I can join the lot!!! :-)))

hugs!
 
Come on..don't keep us waiting!

Did it go well?

Or not?
 
@Beth: you could never imagine how much I've thought about you...do you remember what you wrote about the guy you were dating who read your post about him and....that's what happened.
He came across my blog (too long to explain) and read my answer to rQm. He took EVERY SINGLE WORD literally.
I'm mad at him for what he did (I told him clearly I didn't want him to read it, and didn't provide the web address!!) and very frustrated for his attitude.
Nonetheless, I do am going to write every single thing that happened when we met... so, you don't have to hold your breath for long!!! :-)
 
He sounds awesome.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?