Sunday, November 20, 2005

 

Till death do us part #2

ok, this should be a rough translation... just hope it's better than Google translator... :)


Wrinkled hands
sheep skin dried in the sun
knots and roots
juniper barked wood
crooked little finger, even more crooked,
dark and fresh skin that lingered on my breast in the days of dawn.
Restless hands, painted and lined in years without respite, traces and furrows.
Bland bite marks, grass stains while you played as a child, fall cause you know how to fall
the huge dog has fun
tender dribbling curly he loves you.
Me too.
Letting you stay there on the lawn
the huge dog
curly and black
his jumps your smile
what a delicious and content loss, careless and perfect
Tiny twittering bites in the days as ripe as apples
full spring in adult life
and the moon-shaped little face of the new-born pet who looks at you with my eyes and smiles with your smile.
Tiny paws on your hands.
I stood apart, watching you, with the subtle pleasure of Creator, universal thought of a purring tiger with her pet safe and sound, the throb who has sprang up from your bites on my neck, roaring and strenght.
so now there you are, placid lion with your kingdom all around, you’ll roar again but now close your eyes and breathe with me, breathe for me for the last time.
you move with usual gestures, that I complete in my mind for you while I’m not looking, intent, frowned or sleepy
I feel your eyelashes batting, your blood run your thoughts grow thick just before you talk, call me, I know. I linger in looking and your breath in the distance broadens my chest.
you breathe warm wind in the winter which meddles in between us, harsh and biting
Plant some bulbs, laugh, grow older. Don’t be anything else. Don’t be anyone else. Sigh, sleep. Cherish me within you.
Every day from now on will be different from those you had with me, no one has ever been the same, I leave in the one and only absence pain don’t want to do it don’t want to stop being, don’t want to stop living.
My old wonderful love of a lifetime, a memory for every glance, don’t you rise your head and let me go, don’t notice me while I spy, engulf and brand you within what of me will last. If you look at me I’ll kill God, no one will ever take me away from you.
Lined hands juniper and walnut hold me again one second one minute one more while the colder breath fades
to die is to part a little
you’d laugh, my words would make your teeth surface from your lips.
Laugh, my love, laugh for me make me dance in your heart with shiny floors for every night you have left, your hands will be big and strong enough for every step we’ll take.
Velvet crunchy bread kiss warm the thought of me will be blanket and walking cane.
Cristal clear in the void where everything has been us.

Comments:
This is terrific writing!

Google had NO idea, none.

I certainly didn't want to make you feel guilty but I'm glad you did.
I hope what you do for those "gonzo" ("gonzi?" you work for is writing, cause you're good.

Thanks for the time and trouble,
molto gentile.

Filippo
 
Okay, that makes so much more sense to me. Hooray, some of my translations were right. I thought there were some animals in there, but I was afraid to mention it if I was wrong.

Italian language is so visceral and passionate.

Ciao,
Deb
 
Filippo: thank you, dear... you really flatter me!!! :-) yes, gonzi is right.. I'd better say imbecilli or idioti, but gonzi is definitely ok!!
My time writing is a darn lovely one, so all of my efforts are worth doing them. Much more so if you come visit!

Deb: mmm... hope this makes you curious about the language, so you'll be completely at ease when you come to Italy!! :-D
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?