Tuesday, November 22, 2005

 

Thursday's Friday's Feast

This is last Friday's Feast, I'd like every reader to feel tagged!

Appetizer
:
When do you feel impatient?
When I must wait for answers (i.e. after a job interview) or for phone calls by a man

Salad: How many times in your life have you had a broken heart?
I'd say twice by lovers, twice by friends, lots by mom.

Soup: Name a book you would like to see made into a movie.
None... it's very hard for a movie to be better or at least as good as a book!!

Main Course: If you could thank one teacher for what they taught you, who would it be and what would you thank them for?
Donatella, who taught me how to write proper Italian when I was 8. I've never forgot what I learned then.
Ms. Pani, who taught me English when from 11 to 13. She was simply great at what she did, and made me love foreign languages even more (as if it was possible...)
Ms.Camba who taught me to typewrite at lightspeed and write down in shorthand. The last has never been useful but had me having a great time at school (yeah..I was such a grind!)
And the greatest of the teachers, my grandma who's looking down at me from Heaven. For she taught me how to be smart, proud, generous, trustworthy and ironic. She also taught me to love cooking, and she's the one from whom I learned to cook the best cannelloni ever. Wonderful special marvellous grandma.

Dessert: What is your favorite kind of pie?
In Italy we're not so accustomed to pies, cakes are most our style. But since I'm a dessert-cooking-addict and I've spent all of my money on international cookbooks, I'd say that my favourites are:
Everything about chocolate
Apples pecans and cinnamon
Pears and figs
Red berries and rhubarb
All of them warm with an obscene amount of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.

Comments:
OK..here are mine!

Appetizer: When do you feel impatient?
When I'm waiting for someone to call, or at restaurants when I'm hungry!

Salad: How many times in your life have you had a broken heart?
Once. I was badly betrayed by a best friend who I'd fallen for. He was an idiot.

Soup: Name a book you would like to see made into a movie.
Something by Chuck Palahniuk. Choke perhaps.

Main Course: If you could thank one teacher for what they taught you, who would it be and what would you thank them for?
I didn't learn any life lessons from school teachers, but my counsellor taught me a lot about controlling my feelings. Also my best friend has helped me learn a lot of important things too.


Dessert: What is your favorite kind of pie?
Key Lime..definitely!!

Bx
 
Cara,

Dove sei?

Filippo
 
Filippo,
....you're right, I've been dealing with some family stuff and with some more worries..you know how it goes..
anyway, I swear I'll be back in a few hours - tomorrow I'll be home and plan to write a bit.

hey, don't you think you can escape my friday's feast!!! where are your 5??? :-)

hugs
Phi
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?