Monday, November 07, 2005

 

Alice in chains


Alice in wonderland found some cookies and a bottle on a table. Eat me, drink me, they said. Some of them made her taller, some of them made her shorter, or smaller or what. She didn't know what they did unless she bit them.

We need to experience things to be able to name and describe them.

God gave Adam the power to name things, and he did. He hadn't anything to compare things with. I mean, he hadn't had any "before" in his life. He named everything in Eden following his mood or God (who else??) knows what.

We're not that lucky. We can't call a phone a star, we must call it phone, cause that's his name.We must have a reference. We learn to describe and name things comparing the new to the already known. So, if we saw a lynx for the first time maybe we'd describe it as "some kind of big, wild cat" or something like that.

What happens when we experience something that can't be compared or related to anything we already know?Are we able to recognise brand new things or do we create, unconsciously, OUR reality just to label things with usual names?

I can't find a name for this feeling. I never felt like this before. I'm wrong in calling it love, need, lust, affection, friendship or tenderness. Whatever I could say it would be completely out of focus. So I don't know how to face it.

What is this cookie going to do to me? What if I get lost? What if it's poisonous? Do I really have to taste it or it'd be better just to let it stay?Am I going to shrink and ache? Will it give me some more power, show me a new dimension? Where will it take me?

Wish I had an answer. I don't.
Wish I didn't lick this cookie. Didn't taste this feeling.
But I can't help it. I have a hell of a sweet tooth for life.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?