Saturday, October 15, 2005

 

let the sunshine in

Today I'm off work and woke up late, staying in bed as long as I could until the phone rang and a friend entered my silence. Getting up late is a very elementary way to make time go by almost without noticing, and it's MY way to run for cover. As long as you stay tucked in bed, in this artificial uterus, life cannot harm you. Or so you hope. Anyway, as pain is starting to soothe - because it is, thank God - I'm feeling much more comfortable staying home with the kittens and taking care of everyday stuff. Only a week ago the silence and the emptiness of the rooms here were unbearable, as I sat on the sofa cold as a stone trying hard not to call him and pleeeeeeeeeeeeease-come-back-weep over the phone.
Gee, how useless and vegetable we sometimes allow ourselves to be..
That's why today's recovery plan includes:
1) baking 24 devil's food cupcakes
2) starting a knitting project that's going to make me look like a real sexbomb
3) having friends home for a pizza&movie night
As for tomorrow, do you think some Scarlet O'Hara line would do?

Comments:
Staying in bed is like a cocoon for me. I can relate to your description!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?